Saturday, June 17, 2006

Maryland Electricity

I know that this isn't on everyone's mind, it is on mine.  It is tough to follow but this could be the next California.  They are already starting to talk about the possibility of rolling blackouts. 

Here is an article that can bring you up to date.

Apparently, none of my elected officials mind playing politics with my power bill.  I have elected to take my rate increase as soon as possible.  This is because it is more expensive in the long run, with surcharges and interest. 

It is also fairly windy here and I am thinking that a wind generator isn't so bad of an idea.  This is another example of how a bad/non-existent energy policy is detrimental to the average person.  I am try to look at this objectively and I realize that BGE needs to make a profit.  I also know that de-regulation in theory is a good idea and this could ultimately lead to somewhere good.  Right now it doesn't look like it. 

Here is a link to find out if you can get competitive electricity.  I did the form and checked with each of the suppliers listed about 2 months ago.  Most of the links were dead, the I sent emails where available, and have heard back from precisely 1 (ONE!).  That competitve supplier sent me an email to tell me that they couldn't service me.

I think now that BGE isn't keeping their electricity artifically low, more people can enter the market with "green" energy and things like that.  Now that other energy companies can actually compete.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home