Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Help me Understand the Message

I worry that this election like others will turn into the "we are not them", style election.  It usually works for the election but not for the governing.  This was the best "strategy" that the Democrats have going for them right now.  But I ask myself, "how do we stay there?"

 

I would think that it goes back to what Ed Schultz says all the time, and that is to stay on message.  The Republicans have been able to stay on message so well.  Then they come up with their little catch phrases.  Flip-flop, Up or Down Vote, etc. 

 

So in that spirit, my significant other and I have come up with Power to the People.  Power to choose, power to keep government out of my pocket, power to enjoy freedom.  I realize that power to choose has many different ways of being interpreted.  In this context, I would like to clarify that this is all choices.  Not just big choices like who I am to marry or not, live or not, or what am I going to be when I go up.  Choice from where I get my energy, choice of doctor I can have, or whatever. 

 

Comment on what choices you feel the government is choosing for you.

 

I think that Dean and the crew should re-brand this into a movement by the Democratic party to actually being for Democracy.  Right now I feel like there is no message.  I went out to Democrats.org and looked for the message, this is the best I could find.  Compare that with the Republican version.  The Dems have far too many words, and scrolling.  I feel like I need a nap.  The other issue I see is that the language between the two is very similar. 

 

Maybe this isn't the best time to bring it up, but I think that someone needs to start thinking about it sooner rather than later.  At least so that there is a direction when we win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home